Retirement Countdown

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feelin' Good

Look at that computer monitor! woohoo! Shayna just shakes her head at me, haha. I'm a techno geek like my father and grandfather. We bought a new LED/LCD HDTV last weekend and I put our old TV as the monitor, it's awsome! I feel like I'm sitting in the front row at the movie theater. At least it's making me sit up straight at the desk.

Shayna is still working out 4 days a week with her trainer, 2 of them she is working me out. I'm feeling good, but man it's hard. Today we workout out for 2 hours and then I ran 4.5 miles, I'm exhausted. She is looking good. Her first figure competition is 29 MAY 2010, she's really excited about it and I'm sure she'll do fantastic. One more semester for her and then she has completed her Master's Degree in HR (Human Resources), if anyone needs an HR manager just let us know. She will be joining the Navy Reserves as an Officer, and also excited about that.

I received an email requesting my support of training programs for the injured Sailors, Soldiers, and Marines from the war on terror. Obviously they have my full support after all that I saw over in Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan and I urge all of you that are reading this to do that also. It isn't just Americans getting hurt it's also all of the Coalition Fighters from Holland, Denmark, Germany, France, etc. So please continue to support all of the young fighters that are trying to make our world a better and safer place to live. I don't know if I'll have to go over again or not, but I'm ready and able to do it whenever the call comes. I hope you all feel the same way.

This week is a short one due to the holiday weekend, I'm looking forward to the rest. We really haven't been busy on Mondays, but Tuesday and Wednesdays are Ortho marathon days, and on Thursdays and Fridays I go over to dental to do conscious sedations for the tooth extractions, usually 6-8 sedations a day. I need a little break. Still not as busy as the deployment, but I guess it really just depends on your current situation.

Well that's about it for now, take care and keep reading.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment