Retirement Countdown

Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's been a while

Hello,
It's been a while since I've posted. I've spent a majority of the last couple of weeks trying to get my back to feel better, not a fun time! The 'ol back started acting up after a workout at the gym, oddly enough the workout was supposed to be cross-training for running so I could fight off injuries, go figure. After 2 trips to a chiropractor and being treated to a massage by my awesome wife I'm feeling better, now I just have to get back to where I was in my training before the injury. My next race is the Army 10-miler in Washington, D.C. on the 24th of October, I should be ready but I'm pretty certain I won't be breaking any personal time records. Shayna has her second show this weekend and again due to scheduling conflicts I cannot go to cheer her on. She'll do great at the Sacramento show, I'm really proud of her. She also got hired on to work at the gym as a personal trainer, that's fantastic also. I guess I can never get fat now! haha. Work is still work, I'm sure like your jobs, not any different in the Navy. The last year, 350 days to be exact, in the Navy I'm going to try to keep my mouth shut and just get through the days. I have to admit it is getting to be much better since we are gaining a couple of OR nurses, that is a huge relief! I'm just waiting for the inevitable, which is pulling people out of the OR to do administration jobs, again leaving us short-handed! I've been in the Navy too long to believe otherwise. I hope everyone is doing good, things are great here. Take care and I'll have some better entries this weekend. Take care.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment