Retirement Countdown

Sunday, March 22, 2009

168 Hours

168 hours until my journey begins, doesn't seem like a lot of time. I was just talking to Shayna about the deployment and telling her that I'm proud to go and help. The job I have here in Lemoore is satisfying, but nothing compares to being where people need you the most. Basically you forget about the dangers and become completely submersed in the situation at hand, which is helping people survive. How will I react to being in another situation much like Ramadi? I don't know, but what I do know is that when it's all said and done I will really feel like I've accomplished something, which is a feeling that very few people get to experience in their lives. I know that it all sounds a little corny, but it is the absolute truth. The worst part is, obviously, being away from your new bride and all of your family and friends, but what is absolutely fantastic is all of the support I have and will receive from everyone, heck of a change from what you read about the Vietnam war participants. Again thank you for the support and keep on reading! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment