Retirement Countdown

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cement


Well this past week has given me plenty of images that will be cemented into my memory for the upcoming deployment. It's very important to have images in your mind, as well as hard copy, to get you through the times when you've had enough of the "game" and would like to return home. Trip to Florida, marriage to your dream girl, and family, what else could you possibly need after that? Maybe a lottery winning, that's about the only thing that could've made it better! At times when by myself watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico, all I could think was, I can't believe that I'll be standing in a line getting 4-5 sea bags of gear in a couple of weeks. That was a definite buzz kill, but it gave me the opportunity to really take things in while I could. The whole experience also made me realize how sweet it's going to be when I return home, that's going to be a good day. Well that's about it for now, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment