Retirement Countdown

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Recovery

Still recovering! I just did a 3 mile walk in 49 minutes, and I'm tired. That's pretty sad considering I'm a runner! I know I have to recover, but I really want to start running again, supposedly I can start this Friday, we'll see. I had a major break through this morning, I rolled onto my belly with minimal pain, woohoo. Man do I feel old right now. haha.

As you can see by the new link on the right my wife, Shayna, has started a blog describing what it's like going through training to get to a figure competition. Should be a very interesting blog, since she just went through the leg straightening surgery last year! She's a trooper. I helped her set it up, so hopefully she keeps up with it and has a blast. She said that she is going to write an article about her journey for a fitness magazine, I'm sure that it will get published eventually. So check out the blog at http://makingshayna.blogspot.com/.

Back to work on this coming Friday. I'm looking forward to it. It's been great relaxing here with Shayna for the past week, but I need to get back to normalcy once again, and finish out this last year and a half in the Navy. I've been putting feelers out to see what my income will be once I get out, debating between travel nursing and per diem, both are great pay, and both have ups and downs. Just have to do the ol' pro's and con's list to make my decision. Shayna and I were talking the other day about how strange it's going to be to stay in a place for more than 3-4 years, we wonder if we'll get the "moving bug" once we've been at a place that long. We'll see.

Well that about wraps it up for this week, sorry no pics, I didn't think you'd want to see another of me sitting on the couch with a bag of frozen peas on my crotch! Take care.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment