Retirement Countdown

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Revenge of the Chili Dog




Well after a long week at work, time for some relaxation at Bass Lake, CA. Well it was relaxing for about 4 hours or so, then I had the chili dog for lunch. Shayna said, "Are you sure you want to eat that?", and of course I said that I would be fine, I want to drink, smoke a little, and eat bad food all weekend. Well I did have a couple of cigarettes, didn't have a single beer, and ended up in the bathroom all night Saturday and Sunday morning. It's now Monday and still has me running to the bathroom every 1/2 hour or so, not good! As you can see by the picture to the left we were very happy to be there, it was taken after eating the chili dog and before the canoe trip. We were on the lake for about an hour and then had to head back in, I was tired, little did I know that it was the beginning signs of a very long night. Well enough bathroom talk. We did have a good time overall, it was only 1.5 hours from Lemoore and it felt as if we were in another universe. Fantastic place to get away to relax, we're going to do it again in a couple of weeks, sin chili dog! The picture on the right is of our view from the back porch, fantastic. It was nice just sitting there in the complete silence, and perfect weather. I have duty next weekend so no trips. You guys take care and keep in touch.
Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment