Retirement Countdown

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cleaning the Sticks

I broke out the WalMart clubs, washed them up, ready for the season! I originally bought these around 6 years ago telling myself that if I enjoyed playing I was going to get a new set in a couple of years. I'm going to use these one more year and then pick up a set of Pings, that's going to be a good day! I really believe that a new set will improve the length of your drives, I'm hitting straight as an arrow a majority of the time, just not getting the distance I would like. The last time I played was in Qatar on our 4 day liberty from Afghanistan. We rented Ping clubs out there and it definitely helped my game. Tomorrow Shayna and I are going out to the driving range to see how bad I've gotten in the past year, I'll post pictures of the disaster next week!

We are officially the couple that is not going to get invited to any neighborhood parties. It was verified yesterday when everyone got together on the block except for us, no invite, oh well. I guess it's because I got on about 4 of the couples for them letting their kids play baseball in the 10 foot space between our house and our neighbors. It would have been okay except the ball kept smacking against our house and the parents were right there watching it, not saying anything. Every time the ball would hit the house I kept thinking there was a rocket attack! Not good! They really don't understand because they deploy on ships which equals no rocket attacks! It's the first time that I haven't been invited to a neighborhood get together and it's kind of nice, no feelings of responsibility to be anywhere, all we have to do is relax! Oh well, that's life.

That's about it for this week, take care and keep in touch.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment