Retirement Countdown

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just a Swingin'


What a good week! I'm finally back into running full bore again, completed approximately 26 miles this week and chasing the leader in my Nike+ competition, Sarah. So far I'm about 29 miles behind the lead. There are 4 of us that were deployed together and we decided to call the competition the "Kandahar Kup". The first one to complete 500 miles wins the trophy, a viking helmet complete with blonde locks and an Afghanistan campaign medal bumper sticker on it, it's been a lot of fun and really keeps you focused on running.
The pics show me driving the ball at the range, feel free to critique the swing! Golfing is much like riding a bike, once you get your swing down it comes back quick when you pick up the clubs after a while. We are going to go again today and then hopefully hit a course in the upcoming weeks.
Next week is the Marine Corps Lemoore Mud Run, we have a team of 5 called the NHL Mudslingers. I'm sure I'll have some interesting photos for next weeks post. The race is about 4-5 miles long through water, mud, hills, tubes to crawl through, walls to climb and ropes to swing on. Should be a blast and hopefully injury free.
I saw something really funny yesterday. Shayna and I were on the way to Target in Hanford, CA. At the light before turning in we saw a Hanford Sheriff and a Hanford Police car pull up like there was a robbery somewhere. They responded quickly to about 10 kids hanging out in front of McDonalds goofing off. What's funny about this is that there are homeless people hanging out in the median right next to McDonalds bugging the crap out of all the drivers coming out after finishing shopping! The police and sheriff don't even bat an eye at them. Is that ridiculous? I know that homeless people need money and I pray that I'm never in that situation, but come on. I think I'm going to write the local paper and see what kind of comments I get back, we'll see.
Well that's about it for this week, hopefully some good, muddy photos for the next post.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment