Retirement Countdown

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hello

It's been a good two weeks since the last post. I had the opportunity to be the department head for a week and I really enjoyed the challenge of keeping everything running smoothly, I feel that I did a pretty good job and that's satisfying! Now I'm back to being a regular staff OR nurse and that's a good thing also, nothing to worry about except taking care of the patient and making sure that everything is done safely and efficiently. 404 days left in the Navy as of today, hopefully it continues to fly by, I'm sure it will. Been in touch with Andria our realtor in Jacksonville, FL and it looks like we'll be in great shape when it comes time to buy a house out there, probably around June or so. The prices keep falling on the homes there, it's nice being on the other side of a crappy economy, at least we'll get a fantastic deal on a nice home. 2 weeks until the Disney 1/2 Marathon, I just finished a 10 mile run in 1hr 25min, so I think I'm ready. Not a whole lot of pains to speak of, just the norm, knees and back a little sore nothing major though. It's going to be a really nice weekend. I'm meeting up with an old friend, we both ran our first 1/2 marathon in Virginia Beach back in 2005, I can't believe 5 years have passed already! We are planning on going to the LA Dodger, SF Giants baseball game on Friday the 3rd of September, on Saturday hitting the golf course, Sunday we're running the race and then Monday recovering from the hangover! haha. Shayna is going to stay home, she really doesn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of runners when she is not able to participate herself, it's a bummer for her and I understand. Shayna really enjoyed her first competition experience and is hitting the gym twice as hard now for her next one in November. She looks fantastic! I'm very proud of her and am in awe of the dedication and focus that she possesses. Well that's about it for this post. I'll have a picture of something on the next one. Take care.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment