Retirement Countdown

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Great Holiday

Hello! I hope everyone has had a great Christmas, ours was fantastic! First of all we did not make the trip to the mountains the weekend prior to Christmas, heavy snowfall was predicted and everyone didn't want to get stuck up there for a week or so! We ended up going to Shayna's boss's house and had some drinks, overall a good time, nice and relaxing. I was on call Thursday through Sunday over Christmas, there were 6 baby deliveries with no c-sections, praise the Lord! So I was stressed for 4 days, but didn't get called in, great Christmas present. Christmas day was spent over at our General Surgeon's house, he's a great surgeon and a fantastic cook, I think he missed his calling! haha. We had a standing rib roast, homemade rolls, etc., it gave my Grandmother's cooking a run. I got a bunch of Bengals stuff from Shayna, golf balls, tees, wallet, so I'll be ready for next season when they make their run for the Super Bowl! woohoo. New Year's Eve will be spent at a fellow OR Nurse's home. She lives on a farm, so it's bon fire time, takes me back to the good days back in Kentucky, gonna be a blast! I should be adding a picture coming up soon, have to find my camera first. Take care and have a great New Year!
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment