Retirement Countdown

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Run and Shoot

Paintball game again yesterday, still a lot of fun. Maybe I should have been in the infantry instead of medical! I'm sure it's a little different having live rounds being fired at you as opposed to paint. haha. The video below is a little taste of what it's like. I bought a new paintball gun yesterday, it will pay for itself after 10 games or so. The one I purchased is semi-auto and also has the ability to go fully automatic. We had a couple of guys with us yesterday that had fully auto weapons, they looked like the guys from the LA bank robbery years back, just walking slowly and painting everything is sight, pretty impressive. The normal price for the Tippman X7 was $400-$600, I got it for $180 off of Ebay, not a bad deal. Can't wait to play again, everyone had a really good time again.
Running has been a chore the past two weeks. I've completed 91 miles and my legs are feeling it, the left Achilles tendon to be exact. Hopefully I'll be able to get it enough rest to be able to run on Tuesday, we'll see. We started the new running competition and I have been talking sooo much garbage at work that I now have to back it up with many, many miles. I am a very competitive person which makes me want to run more to possibly win the competition, at the same time it is helping me get in great shape for the upcoming 1/2 marathon in Anaheim, CA in September. I believe I'm ready now! haha.
Take care and keep in touch,
Dave



No comments:

Post a Comment