Retirement Countdown

Monday, July 5, 2010

One More Year

I can't download any pics right now since our router is down until Thursday, so I'm using the I-phone! Another year down, it is my birthday today (42), who knows how many more to go. By far the past couple of years have been my best and it's all due to Shayna. I'm in the best shape of my life, both physically and mentally! I was speaking with Mary, Shayna's mom, and I told her that I'm so thankful that I joined the Navy and finally married a fantastic wife, it doesn't get any better than that. The upcoming year will be filled with planning for the future. Maybe a child, maybe another deployment, maybe Shayna moving out to Jacksonville, FL early to start work, maybe buying a home early to take advantage of the low prices and interest rates, etc. Needless to say a lot of "maybes"! Through all of the crap I've been through with moving a lot and two, technically three, ex-wives I've learned that everything works out for the best. Shayna and I are really optimistic for the move back to Jax and I have a couple of hook-ups for jobs. Am I worried, of course, but I know that we are going to have a great life out there.
I have started a new running competition with some guys/gals at work and I'm getting my butt kicked! I have completed about 120 miles in the past couple of weeks and I'm still behind around 50 miles! These guys are beasts. My mileage has definitely increased which is going to help me for the upcoming 1/2 marathon in Disney on 5 SEP and the Army 10-miler in OCT in DC, but I am sore, I guess it has to do with celebrating another birthday! Well you take care and keep in touch.
I wanted to ask everyone to keep praying for the troops still deployed, I have several friends that are out there in danger, so keep the prayers coming because they worked for me!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment